Miguel Porlan is an illustrator from Barcelona. His work focus on editorial illustration, posters, records and personal projects. In each of his images he seeks to tell something with the voice that best enhances his narrative intentions.
He has worked for The New Yorker, The New York Times, Pentagram, The Boston Globe, Time, The Washington Post, Wired, The Guardian, Le Monde and Süddeutsche Zeitung among others. His work has been recognized by the Society of Illustrators (Gold Medal 2020), American Illustration and Communication Arts. In 2009 he received the Injuve Creación Joven award, granted by the Spanish Ministry of Equality. At present, he’s based in Barcelona working as a freelance illustrator.
Represented in U.S. by Purple Rain Illustrators
Ella Lupo: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Society of Illustrators - Gold Medal (63). Selected (59, 60, 61, 62).
· Communication Arts - 2014, 2015.
· American Illustration - AI 33, AI 36, AI 37.
· 2020 - Serie de spots. Lapis, Txalapa, México.
· 2019 - Serie de spots. Espai brut, Barcelona, Spain.
· 2016 - Spots. Estación Diseño, Granada, Spain.
· 2015 - Mucho tiempo y poca prisa. The Room, A Coruña, Spain.
· 2012 - Habla menos, di más (with Magoz and Miguel Montaner). Blanc Festival, Barcelona, Spain.
Photo by Marc Bordons.